Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Bye Auckland

Well, this is it. In a few hours, I'll be leaving Auckland and be on my way back home. This feels completely surreal to me right now. I honestly can not believe that four months have come and gone and it's already time to come home. It's been an absolutely incredible experience and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I'm planning on writing one last post when I get home, so I won't get too sappy now. Once I'm back in the States, I'll have had time to reflect on this experience and maybe write about that.

This past week has been rather interesting. We didn't do much because everyone had finals. I had one on Monday and then my other 3 all in the past 3 days. It has also rained every single day for the past week. So between the yucky weather and having to study and take tests, I think it's made for a good transition and at least warmed me up to the idea of going home. I'm excited about being home and seeing family and friends, but I'm also incredibly sad about the fact of this whole experience being over. I just can't believe it.

Anyway, I still have some last minute packing to do and a bunch of us are going to take one last walk down Queen St. to get kebabs. So this will have to be all for now.

Good Bye Auckland, I will miss you!

No comments: