Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Settling In

I'm on my way to a meeting right now, but I just wanted to say that I got here safely and I'm settling in very nicely so far! The trip was long, but didn't seem nearly as bad as I thought it would.

It's been a little hectic so far, but overall everything is going REALLY well. I'm meeting lots of new people and already starting to get to know my way around the city. Our coordinator took us on quick walking tour around Auckland yesterday, pointing out the places we really needed to know about. Then, we went to "The Warehouse," which is comparable to a K-Mart, to pick up supplies for our room.

Today, I just got a cell phone. I feel much more connected now that I know I can contact the other people in our group. A bunch of us got phones, so that should work out well.

I know that this is a total stream of consciousness right now, but I don't have time to organize my thoughts so I'm just filling you in on random bits of info that come to mind. Like this: Last night for dinner, I had a kebab! It was from a little place with just a walk-in counter. I got chicken, and it was all wrapped up in a pita. Apparently, they are very big here. It was very good!

Alright, I have to go, but when I get a chance I'll post again!

No comments: