Monday, February 11, 2008

Here it is!

I've been talking about this for a while, but I've finally set up this blog. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I'm planning to keep this updated pretty regularly throughout the semester with thoughts and pictures from my semester abroad.

So, as you probably already know if you are reading this, I am spending this semester studying abroad at the University of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand. With just shy of 40,000 students, this is the largest university in New Zealand. Taking classes here should be quite an interesting change from the small classes I am used to at Loyola. The 35 of us going from Loyola will all be living in the same apartment building along with other international students, and we will be taking classes with all of the New Zealanders.

I'm leaving on Sunday, February 17th, so I still have several days left to finish packing and getting everything together. All in all, I'm in pretty good shape though. I'm really excited for this whole experience, but I think that what I'm MOST excited about is waking up early Sunday morning to get to JFK airport by 5:30 AM! That ought to be fun.

Well, I really just wanted to get this started and say hello. I'm really hoping that you'll keep up with me over the next four and a half months while I'm hopefully having the time of my life! I'm going to try my best to keep in touch, so please feel free to post comments directly on this site, email me at lskrantz@loyola.edu, Facebook me, call me on Skype, or IM me.

More soon,
Lauren

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi, Lauren.
I wanted to be the first person to post a comment on your blog.
It's 11:15 AM on Sunday and your tired family just woke up from a nap after taking you to he airport. We're tracking your flight to San Francisco. Right now, you are flying over Michigan heading towards Iowa.
Daddy had your Delta folder in his pocket (the one with your flight info). Luckily, it wasn't your tickets!! It also looks like you left the gum on the table. Oh, well.
We miss you and can't wait to "see you" on Skype! We hope that everything went well on your journey to NZ. Talk to you soon.

Love from the Crazy Krantz Gang (minus one)

Trish said...

Hi Lauren, since your mom beat me at being #1 I will settle for being second! Was great to see you yesterday and the excitement was all over you! I hope you flight to CA was good, and hope tht the next loonngg one is even better. Remember to get up every now and then and move around on that long one. It sounds like quite an adventure. Miss you already. I will write or call you soon. HAVE FUN!

Love, Aunt Trish