Thursday, April 24, 2008

South Island Road Trip!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be around for the next week to post anything, because I am going to be traveling around the South Island! (This does mean, however, that when I get back there will be several new entries to post!)

New Zealand is comprised of two main islands, the North and the South. Auckland is located on the North Island, as are all of the places that I have visited so far. As beautiful as everything has been here, the South Island is supposed to be even MORE scenic, if that's possible! So, needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this trip.

There are four of us going: Cate, Kim, Lynn and myself. We're flying into Christchurch tonight and then are renting a car for the remainder of the trip. We are trying to cover as much ground as possible and will be doing a lot of driving, making a loop across to the west coast, down to the southern region and then back up to Christchurch along the east coast - all in 8 days. We have some exciting things planned, and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Love,
Lauren

No comments: